Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Favorites - Books

Thank goodness it's Friday, and hopefully a slow day at the office, because you are going to want to spend some time with this one. Today we bring you pages from our favorite books. This is serious dessert for the eyes so settle in and enjoy every bite.


Sybil's Favorite...

Gypset Style, by Julia Chaplin, Published 2009

I love this new book Gypset Style by Julia Chaplin. It’s full of stories and beautiful pictures of gypsy jetsetters who live an unconventional life around the world, past and present. The images of Talitha Getty might actually get me in a caftan. And if I could just get an invitation to Alice Tempereley’s annual summer costume party in England. Most of all it embodies the spirit of those full of wanderlust…something I embrace 100%.





Leslie's favorite...

Glamour: Making it Modern, by Michael Lassell and editors of Metropolitan Home, Published 2009

If I could line my walls with pages from Metropolitan Home magazine I would so this book will soon be taking its rightful place on my coffee table. The concept of making interior glamour modern and livable is exactly how I like to approach design. All of these rooms are killer gorgeous but I could envision real people living there... with real dogs and real kids... and real messes. Bringing glamour and style to real life, isn't that what it's all about?









Laura's Favorite...

Tom Ford, by Tom Ford, Bridget Foley and forward by Anna Wintour , Published 2008

When I need a little escape, I love nothing more than to curl up in my bedroom with a great glass of red, a big soft blanket, and a beautiful book to page through. 

You know I love all things Tom and this book is the ultimate tribute to my favorite designer. It features hundreds of gorgeous photographs of TF’s prolific vision from the likes of Richard Avedon, Helmut Newton, and, Herb Ritts.


My honorable mention goes to...

Vanity Fair Proust Questionnaire

Culled from the infamous Proust Questionnaire (found on the back page of Vanity Fair magazine each month), this collection offers a candid look into the tastes, values, and dreams of 101 of the most famous luminaries of our time. Fascinating stuff.



1 comment:

  1. The concept of "Glamour: Making it Modern" is amazing. The pictures show such great attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete