Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lipstick Reinvented

Like most girls, I can’t remember the last time I reached for a lipstick in my makeup bag. Actually I’m not sure I own anything other than lip gloss – many, many vials of gloss. This spring, Peter Phillips, Chanel’s Creative Director of Makeup, is setting out to change that with the fashion house’s reinterpretation of lipstick – Rouge Coco.

Debuting in March, Rouge Coco will be released in 33 colors, each named after a milestone in Mademoiselle Chanel’s lifetime. The colors will range from beiges and taupes to dusty roses and classic reds and will come in a classic metal tube with a promise to be absolutely wearable – no liner or blotting required.




Images courtesy of Lushious Beauty



Vanessa Paradis, French actress, singer and paramour of the ever-stylish Johnny Depp, is the new face of Coco Rouge and looks stunning in the campaign directed by Jean-Baptiste Mondino.





For you NYC girls, Saks is hosting an official Rouge Coco unveiling on February 25. Look for my favorite color, Genial, featured in the Spring 10 Couture show – I bet it will make you think twice about reaching for that lip gloss.




xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment