Thursday, June 3, 2010

Friday Favorites - Web Tools

It seems that we all spend a good bulk of the day on our computers and it's due in part to tools like these. Today we are sharing our favorite web tools that make our lives a little cooler, and yes a little more stylish...


......................................................


Sybil's Pick

Dripbook

A great site for creative professionals, it allows my partner and I to upload photos from our shoots and create great online portfolios that we can easily share with potential clients (click on the image below to see ours). The best part, using this tool takes zero technical knowledge, easy!!




......................................................


Laura's Pick

Pandora
Your favorite music for free, sign me up! Pandora is a music sharing site with brains. I simply enter my favorite band of the moment (Loving Editors) and Pandora creates a custom radio station for me that streams similar music. And you read it right, it's free. What's not to love?




......................................................


Leslie's Pick

Blurb
The English major in me (well, one semester and then I changed my mind) has always secretly fantasized about one day seeing my words published. Having my own book sitting on the coffee table would be pretty snazzy. Publishers can be pretty picky so I am not holding out hope but now I don't have to. Blurb is a site that helps you create your own book (for free) - and it actually looks and feels legit! I recently used it to create my wedding album (click on the widget's arrows below to preview) which saved me tons of moola. The coolest part is that your book is available for purchase online so you can send the parentals, and anyone else who might actually plunk down money for your creation, to the site so they can buy a copy themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment