Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Uniform

I'm in the midst of curating my little capsule wardrobe for Summer 2010 and thought I'd share a few of my current obsessions. The goal is to collect a handful of tried and true separates that can carry me effortlessly from beach day to date night. Less is more and fit & function are everything.


The Slouchy Trouser
I've worn these Current/Elliott 'Captain' pants nonstop since I picked them up this past weekend. Amidst the chaos of 'boyfriend' everything, these trousers reign supreme in terms of fit and versatility.



The Cutoff Short
I swore off shorts many years ago but I couldn't pass up JBrand's version of the denim cutoff. They are perfectly slouchy but not TOO short and work great with everything. Add a relaxed blazer, wedges and some jewelry to go from beach to happy hour.





The Artist Shirt in Chambray
Elizabeth and James delivers again. Throw this oversized, slightly sheer top over your bikini for a fresh/more edited take on the coverup. I also love this paired with a fitted Pleasure Doing Business mini, Wang's triangle jersey bra and wedges.






The Perfect White Tank
At $79, this silk-blend tank is an investment piece but remember less is more and I promise one or two of these will far outlast a million wife beaters (and they are far more chic I might add). The slightly oversized cut drapes in all the right places and can be dressed up or down. Indulge in at least one of these... you will not regret it!






The Jersey Triangle Bra
More of a layering necessity for your perfect tank. Alexander Wang's underpinning peeks out under sheer fabrics and is oh so comfortable.





The Date Dress
The Australian brand Camilla and Marc is a new discovery of mine and this dress is quickly proving to be one of my go-to picks for date nights. I've worn it with bare shoulders and sandals for a sunset dinner and a structured blazer and booties for a night out.





The Bikini
The floral print and feminine details on this Zimmerman suit are a refreshing departure from my black bikini rut. So cute under the E&J artist shirt no?





The Wedge
I have a love affair with the wedge and Jeffery Campbell's version for summer is right on trend with it's clog-inspired detailing. The price is right and the neutral color goes with everything.






A Little Flair
Here at TSC we heart Dannijo and I am seriously coveting their new collection of tribal-inspired jewelry. In the spirit of full disclosure, I haven't actually pulled the trigger on these pieces but I am so coveting them as the perfect finishing touch to the neutral wardrobe staples I inevitably rely on.






Happy back-to-summer shopping! XX

1 comment: