Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Work Of Ben Baker

I was recently part of a very cool Esquire magazine piece on real women. The article highlighted women at various stages of life (20, 30's, etc.) and revealed what's on their minds. The photographer for the piece was the fabulous Ben Baker and his concept was to show us unadorned and natural. The photos aren't retouched and meant to expose the raw beauty of all types and ages.

Ben, who has photographed everyone from President Obama to the Olsen twins, has a uncanny way of catching the realness of a moment or subject. It was a great experience to work with such a talented and esteemed photographer so I was extra stoked to be asked to participate in Ben's larger series called "American Beauty". After being photographed in multiple stages of my pregnancy I will soon return to the studio to be shot with my daughter, it will be the finale to a wonderful journey and I am lucky to have it documented by such a talent. Thanks Ben!



April issue of Esquire was all about women



The work of Ben Baker...








A snapshot of my participation...




2 comments:

  1. super cool Les! I love the art of a photo and the story a snap can take. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this totally makes sense. you are the most beautiful prego i've ever seen. amazing, congrats!

    ReplyDelete