Monday, January 30, 2012

INSIGHT | MAI MIYAMA OF AILA BLUE

Mai Miyama is an American designer living in Australia.  An old friend of mine, she's your quintessential gypsetter.  An enviable Japanese + American mix, legs as long as a giraffe and a heart as sweet as sugar...her next collection for her label Aila Blue is candy coated silks for days spent lounging in Ibiza or sipping cocktails at the Karma Kandara on the shores of Bali.


Posted Up. Cairns, Australia
Inspired By. Strong fearless women living unconventional lives, showing the rest of us women that we can live out our dreams and still be mother wife sister daughter.
Current Designer.  The list is always revolving. At the moment I can't get out of my Acacia bikinis. The finest Italian fabrics and beautiful cuts, they are beyond gorgeous.  I love that the girls behind Acacia (Naomi Newirth and Lyndie Irons) are changing the game of swimwear.  Showing women how to embrace their curves and tastefully flaunt it.  No more baggy bikinis!
Best Recent Purchase.  My black Valentino studded stiletto boots. They make me want to jet back to my LA stomping grounds and drink dirty martinis til 3am with my best girlfriends.
Coveting. A classic black Chanel bag, every girl should own one.  A teacup Yorkshire terrier.  A white cowhide rug for my office.
Favorite Websites. I'm always on bloglovin catching up on my favorite blogs.  And I adore Etsy!
I love how you can search things like antlers or chevron or boho and come up with the most incredible one of a kind treasures. 
Dream Trip. India!  I haven't been and it's all I think about! The vibrant colors, textures, culture and spiritual vibrations.   A sensorial paradise. My best friend and I plan to go soon, we haven't taken a trip together in over 10 years.
Something about Me. I'm getting married this year and I feel like a deer caught in the headlights!  I have no idea what I am doing.  I am so impressed and in awe with women who seem so together and instinctively know how to pull it all together. I seriously need bridal 101.  Wish me luck! 







No comments:

Post a Comment