Sunday, September 30, 2012

Gypset Launch Party Montauk




























































Late August I flew to Montauk to celebrate the first party launch of the followup to Gypset Style (Assouline).  Gypset Travel by writer Julia Chaplin has selected 10 places in the world to feature and my adopted hometown of Byron Bay was one of them.  Somehow after shooting some of the locals, locations and friends, Assouline decided to use a portrait of the Spell Sisters and friends as the cover.  An honor to say the least as it's one of my favorite books but it was also surreal to see it in print.  The book launches sometime in late October but you can pre-order it here.

Montauk is a beautiful town at the end of Long Island that carries the same casual bohemian surf spirit of many other places featured in the book and I fell in love with it instantly.  I was fortunate enough to have my dear friend Jen join me and she booked us in the Crowe's Nest.  An idyllic cabin boutique hotel with one of the best restaurants in town.  Ironically the Gypset party was hosted by it's lapping shores and wood cabanas.

Check out the book to find some of the best spots and interesting characters but above we also took some snaps of The Crowe's Nest, Local Beaches, Gypset Party (see writer Julia Chaplin in one of her Gypset dresses), The Surf Lodge (perfect mix of bohemian and modern furniture) and the gorgeous owner of Surf Bazaar, a boutique featuring Mara Hoffman, Mikoh and Surf Bazaar's own line.  We finished the trip off with an packed outdoor concert by our friend Donovan Frankenreiter,  a dinner at the Byron restaurant at the Surf Lodge and some good old Bocce ball. 

Thank you Assouline and Julia and to all my beautiful friends in Byron who supported me in this project!


2 comments:

  1. amazing images.

    lots of love from the c&p girls,
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This party was just mind blowing. I truly loved all this stuff that has been presented in the launch party. At one of the local rental spaces for parties I also had attended such an event. It was kind of an expo which I totally loved. I got many ideas for my home décor from that expo.

    ReplyDelete