Thursday, October 22, 2009

Friday Favorites - Websites

Since we all seem to spend so much time on the web these days we thought you might like to hear about the sites we frequent for inspiration and shopping. We'd love to hear your favorite bookmarked sites so post comments below and let us know!

Sybils' favorites...

www.artandcommerce.com
My all time favorite website is not a place where you can shop (surprise!) but hosts photographers portfolios. This is my go to source for styling and photography inspiration. If you have an appreciation for photography, this agency represents the best of the best and you will find no end to stunning images that leave you wanting more.

These are just a few of photographers on their roster but some of my favorites:

Patrick DeMarchelier



Solve Sundsbo



Ellen Von Unwerth




www.moderndose.com
When it comes to shopping, I have a long list of go-to-sites but for interiors I am really liking Modern Dose for their eclectic selection of home goods. The lighting section is particularly fun.

click on the images to purchase




Laura's favorites...


www.whowhatwear.com
Interested in who makes the amazing handbag Alexa Chung was seen carrying last weekend? Wondering where Kate Moss procured that perfect black blazer? Then Who What Wear needs to be added to your bookmarks ASAP. Created by two stylists, this website is the ultimate online resource for the ‘who’ and the ‘what’ behind runway trends and celebrity style.

My favorite feature is called ‘What Was She Wearing’. It gives a detailed rundown of where Model X bought her boots, or where Celebrity Y found that perfectly worn in leather jacket. Plus they research alternatives for those pieces that are either sold out, no longer in stores (past seasons), or one of a kind vintage. You can even send them queries about a specific look you’ve seen in a magazine or online and they will track down the details for you. Making fashion that much more attainable. Brilliant!





www.net-a-porter.com
Once you've solved the mystery of the origin of Kate's blazer, you can log on to net-a-porter to purchase from the web's best curated collection of clothing, lingerie, bags, shoes and accessories from established and up and coming designers alike. I promise you will not leave this site without filling your virtual shopping bag!


click on the images below to purchase



Leslie's favorites...


www.bluehillfarm.com
As a graphic designer I love this site because I think it's really beautiful and smart. I love how the design aesthetic sets the tone immediately and you know you're entering a place that is thoughtful, just like the dining experience at the Blue Hill restaurants. As a foodie I love the site because it inspires me to go to my local farmer's market, take time preparing a meal, and really savor the experience of food. Put down the take out menu and get motivated to cook something!



www.kellywearstler.com
I am not sure if there is a Kelly Wearstler fan club but if there is I may consider joining. I think her interior design is genius. She has inspired trends that we'll be emulating for many years to come and when I am feeling low on my creative mojo I spend a few moments on this site. I've seen these photos so many times, but I always find something new that gets me inspired and ready to design. Go get your dose of Wearstler.



Happy browsing!

No comments:

Post a Comment