Monday, October 19, 2009

Wedded Bliss

This past weekend I was invited to attend the Bridal Market in New York (thanks Michele of M Bride). Silk, tulle, ruffles, beading, ruching, embellishments and all the glamor one would expect from a bridal show was present. I was pleased to see that a few of the trends from last year were noticeably absent. Gone were the large colored sashes, floral prints barely masked by layers of tulle, and there wasn't a pocket to be found. There seemed to be a slight movement away from the slinky, lingerie look, which in my opinion is a welcome evolution. Call me traditional but I think a bride should look like a bride. That said, I was not disappointed with this year's high glamor and I think the brides of 2010 and 2011 are going to look amazing. Here's a sneak peek...


Ines DiSanto


Above Photos by The Knot
click on photos below for a larger view


The dresses were all fabulous but what really got my attention were the accessories. The jewel encrusted, black ribbon head pieces by Maria Elana really made me giddy, I would love to have one to wear with a LBD. But the show stealer was the fingerless gloves covered with crystals. The photo above doesn't do it justice, but trust me, every girl should have at least one pair!



Junko Yoshioka




Junko's line was, as usual, clean and sophisticated. Her dresses are structured so beutifuly they remind me of origami. This collection used some really fun patterns like stripes and checkerboard but overall, the pieces were true to Junko's style of tailored elegance.


Ulla-Maija




Lots of Duchesse satin and embroidery at Ulla-Maija


Monique Lhuillier








The dresses had all of the glamor one has come to expect from Monique Lhullier, with lots of textures and embellishments. Too bad the hair and makeup fell short, the models looked like they just rolled out of an infirmary bed and stuck a feather on their head.





I didn't get to see the Temperley London line in person but I would be remiss to not include them. As a fan of their non-bridal collections it only makes sense that their bridal line would wow me as well. These designs do not disappoint. Can I walk down the aisle again please (same groom of course)!

1 comment:

  1. Ines Di Santo's dresses are just so pretty. I would love to be able to wear one for my wedding in March. A girl can dream :)

    ReplyDelete