Thursday, August 5, 2010

Guest Stylist - Stacey Angeles

A cross between Ann Curry, Chelsea Lately and Edie Sedgwick (her style icon by the way), Stacey is my Brooklyn-based cousin (by marriage but I am claiming her as family because she's super cool). She's one of the funniest gals I know and her adorable pixie good looks make me want to put her in my pocket and make her my little pet - she's too cute! I could go on but I think her self description says it best...


Stacey Angeles is director, producer and writer for the idiot box (recently working with Rachel Zoe on the Rachel Zoe Project). Anytime you see a fight break out on a reality show, she’s the one behind the camera encouraging it.


Stacey Angeles


............................................................


Who is your style icon?

Edie Sedgwick! I’ve always loved the look of black tights with short dresses. Now that I’ve regrettably chopped off my hair, I find myself re-appreciating her and pulling up pictures of her style because while she had a tomboyish quality, she managed to be extremely feminine.



What's playing on your iPod?
Oh the guilty pleasures I cannot dare say aloud. Who wants to admit they’re a fan of bands such as Erasure? But I recently saw Beirut in concert and can’t get enough of them right now. Makes being crammed under armpits in an overcrowded subway slightly tolerable.




What is the one item in your closet you cannot live without?
Well, I live in a loft and don’t have a closet. But one item I cannot live without is . . . jeans. Exciting, I know. My favorite pair I’m wearing out right now are my AG jeans.



Where is your favorite place in the world?
Outside – does that count as an answer?


What are you obsessing about owning right now?
My own apartment


What is the most used item in your makeup bag?
My Revlon tweezers. If I didn’t have them I’d be mistaken for Frida Kahlo.




What is your favorite neighborhood restaurant?
5 Leaves in Greenpoint, Brooklyn is amazing. Delicious menu and they play great records.



What is your necessary extravagance?

Traveling!! Even though I should probably be saving money instead, I try to leave the country twice a year for my sanity.



How do you define perfect happiness?
Happiness is being with your favorite people in life and laughing so hard that you lose control of your bladder . . . there would also have to be wine and puppies present.




No comments:

Post a Comment